Friday, July 15, 2011

How Can I Roast Thick Steaks in my Grill Pan

Like many of us, I too enjoy giving it a try cooking a new fish steak recipe that I come across. Most of my friends would tell me that perhaps cooking fish steak should already be easy for me by now. Yes it is - but not with a thick-cut of a fish steak! It is why I am always up for trying something new and here's what I learned.

Pan-roasting!

Trust me, the pan roasting method renders a moist and more flavorful fish when it comes to thick steaks, I did not stop until I learned the steps in getting that perfectly-seared thick steak. Like the usual way I prepare fish steaks, I first thawed the steaks and sprinkle with my own-made rub coating all sides of the fish. Take note to preheat your oven at this point to make things smooth..... oh by the way, preheat it to 400° F.

Pour any vegetable oil into a skillet, heat the oil and when it starts to "smoke" a bit, add the fish steaks. Give room to each steak so they individually cook without sticking to each other. ONE IMPORTANT THING: Crowding the fillets will result to steaming and not searing... so take note.

Give around 3 minutes before flipping over each of the steaks then sear for 3 more minutes. Carefully release the fish steaks from the pan and place skillet/pan into the oven and bake until your preferred doneness.

There goes our pan-roasted fish steaks for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment